- Marvellous Edibles will have a full assortment of meats, storage crops, and the many other good things that make them so deserving of the marvellous in their name;
- Ali Harris and Horace will be serving up tasty rotis, fritters and more;
- Blythe will have a great selection of preserves with beautiful new Spade & Spoon labels;
- Bees Universe will have super smooth and creamy honey, including some with additions such as turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, and a dark smoky kind for barbeque sauces. Fresh eggs too.
- Forbes Wild Foods will provide us with delights such as rose petal syrup, hearty basics like wild rice, and wonderfully flavourful mushrooms.
- Kind Organics will have sprouts and salad blends to keep your winter green;
- Country Meadows will bring olives and oil, eggs and cheese;
- Shane will be inside with a nice assortment of gluten-free baking from DeFloured. Be sure to get some, as they’ll be away next week.
- Last but not least for the north end of the market, there will be the Dufferin Park Bakers‘ wood-fired oven breads, plus snacks and drinks for skaters and shoppers alike at the Zamboni Cafe.
Kind Organics suffered a big loss when their walk-in cooler froze a few nights ago, while it was full of the next day’s deliveries. Tamas told me over the phone, but he wasn’t calling to lament, just to talk about his plans to make up the lost income with more hard work.
Take heart chocolate lovers! ChocoSol will be back this week and alternate Thursdays through the winter. We’ll also see Shared Harvest, Plan B and Culture City.
Hope I haven’t forgotten anyone!
See you at the market,