Official Start of Spring Checklist:
First Robin Sighting: check!
Witchhazel is in Bloom: check!
Day is longer than Night: check!
Sap is Running: check!
Seedlings are up in Farmers’ Greenhouses: check!
It’s Time to Celebrate the Arrival of a New Season!
Here’s what’s happening this week, for the FIRST MARKET OF SPRING! Thursday, March 22nd, 3 to 7 pm:
- A Campfire with Sap Boiling
- Maple Syrup Tasting by Forbes Wild Foods and Spade & Spoon with Silver Dollar Pancakes (on the house!)
- A Visit from Island Oysters, featuring fresh-shucked Canadian oysters (first 50 customers get a bonus oyster!)
- Amazing Greens from our Newest Farm, Small Spade
- Award-winning Windswept Cider Sampling and Sales
- Fabulous Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from Monforte Dairy
- Free Samples of Pulled Pork from Marvellous Edibles Organic Farm and Strawberry Smoothies from Ali Harris
- More Great Local Food, Live Music and FUN!
SEE YOU AT THE MARKET!
Vendors this Week:
- Ali Harris: rotis, beverages, fritters, smoothies
- Bees Universe: honey, beeswax candles, eggs, bee products (note: knife-sharpening will resume next week!)
- Country Meadows: olives, oil, eggs, cheese
- Culture City: fermented condiments and preserves, tempeh
- DeFloured: savoury and sweet gluten-free baking
- Dufferin Park Bakers: wood-fired oven breads, salads, snacks
- Forbes Wild Foods: maple syrup, dried mushrooms and other wild foods
- Island Oysters: fresh-shucked oysters
- Kind Organics: sprouts, salad mixes, teas, microgreens
- Marvellous Edibles: pastured poultry, meats, organic vegetables
- Monforte Dairy: cheeses from many milks
- Plan B Organic Farm: local and imported organic produce
- Small Spade Gardening: winter-hardy greens, quail eggs (bi-weekly)
- Spade & Spoon: pickles, jams, maple syrup, soup
- Vasile Florin: dried fruits, nuts, and sunflower oil from Moldova
- Windswept Cider: Ontario hard cider