We believe that it is essential to make the market web store accessible to all members of the community. Every effort has been made to build the store to accessible standards such as WCAG and AODA. This document and our store are works in progress. If you have any feedback or requests please contact us at email@example.com.
April 4th 2020
Accessible Customer Service Policy
Providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities
The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store is committed to meeting its current and ongoing obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code respecting non-discrimination.
The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store understands that obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and its accessibility standards do not substitute or limit its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code or obligations to people with disabilities under any other law.
The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store is committed to complying with both the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA.
The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Our accessible customer service policies are consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our goods, services or facilities.
In cases where the assistive device presents a significant and unavoidable health or safety concern or may not be permitted for other reasons, other measures will be used to ensure the person with a disability can access our goods, services or facilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods, services or facilities.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will work with the person with a disability to determine what method of communication works for them.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store will provide accessible customer service training to:
- all employees and volunteers
- anyone involved in developing our policies
- anyone who provides goods, services or facilities to customers on our behalf.
Training will include:
- purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store ’s policies related to the customer service standard
- how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- how to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities.
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store ’s goods, services or facilities
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service policies.
The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns.
The Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market Web Store will make sure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.