Anybody know a good spring song? I feel like adapting ‘She’ll be comin’ round the Mountain’, because winter felt so big to get past this year. I keep reminding everybody how fortunate we are to have farmers that feed us all year long. This season has started off with more than its share of challenges, and it takes a lot of determination and courage to keep going when you don’t know what the weather is going to do next.
Everdale is coming into town with a load of carrots, rutabaga, storage turnips, fresh radish bunches, arugula, salad mix, spinach, and probably fresh salad turnips bunches too! GO WOLF!
Kale & Roasted Potato Salad with Green Garlic Pesto
Serves 4-6. Prep & Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients For the Salad
- 5 large potatoes, preferably red, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 green onions
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- s & p
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
Ingredients For the Pesto
- 3 green garlic stems, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss potatoes with oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat oil in a 10 inch cast iron or other oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add green garlic and sauté until softened, 1-2 minutes, then add potatoes and roast 20-25 minutes until golden and soft. Blend all items for pesto in a food processor until smooth.
- Place kale in a large bowl with warm potatoes, toss with pesto, and serve.
Bees Universe: honey, eggs, knife sharpening
ChocoSol: chocolate, coffee, cookies
Country Meadows: olives, oil, eggs, cheeses
DeFloured: gluten-free baking
Dufferin Park Bakers: wood-fired oven breads, salads, snacks
Everdale: organic produce
Forbes Wild Foods: nuts, maple syrup, mushrooms & other wild foods
Kind Organics: sprouts, salad mixes, teas
Marvellous Edibles: pastured poultry, meats, organic vegetables
Monforte Dairy: many varieties of cheese
Plan B: organic produce
Spade & Spoon: pickles, jams, maple syrup, soup
Urban Harvest: seeds, body care, soil amendments
Vasile Florin: nuts, dried fruits, sunflower oil, walnut oil