On farms like All Sorts Acre, there are new arrivals, and we are happy to welcome back two vendors this week. ChocoSol will also begin attending every week again.
Think gardening! However tiny the space you have may be, you can enjoy the pleasure of planting seeds and reaping an Urban Harvest. Colette and her friendly helpers can provide lots of advice about the conditions needed by different plants, be they herbs, flowers or vegetables. You’ll find Urban Harvest in the rinkhouse.
Head to the garage for tasty harvests from Pine River Organic Farm! Bob Felhazi called as he was bracing for a spring storm out of the east–a wind direction that’s never good, according to him. Nevertheless, he was preparing to cut spinach, kale, salad mix and arugula from his greenhouses to bring to Dufferin. Pals Larysa and Vasile will be selling it for him.
We are so lucky to have growers with hoophouses and greenhouses so we don’t have to wait for the taste of spring; we’ll also have delicious salad ingredients from Kind Organics, Marvellous Edibles, Plan B and Small Spade Farm,. Make it a green and healthy week!
Our Loyal Eaters program is finished now, so if you haven’t shown us your ten-or-more-stamps card and claimed your reward, please do so this week! We’re going to have the draw for grand prizes next time!!
See you at the market!
Vendors this week:
- Ali Harris: rotis, beverages, fritters, smoothies
- Bees Universe: honey, candles, eggs, bee products, knife-sharpening
- ChocoSol: chocolate and chocolate beverages, coffee
- Country Meadows: olives, oil, eggs, cheese
- Culture City: fermented condiments and preserves, tempeh
- DeFloured: savoury and sweet gluten-free baking
- Dufferin Park Bakers: wood-fired oven breads, salads, snacks
- Forbes Wild Foods: maple syrup, dried mushrooms and other wild foods
- Kind Organics: sprouts, salad mixes, teas, microgreens
- Marvellous Edibles: pastured poultry, meats, organic vegetables
- Monforte Dairy: cheeses from many milks
- Pine River Organic Farm: organic produce
- Plan B: local and imported organic produce
- Small Spade Farm: winter-hardy greens, quail eggs (bi-weekly)
- Spade & Spoon: pickles, jams, maple syrup, soup
- Urban Harvest: seeds, garden amendments, body care
- Vasile Florin: dried fruits, nuts, and sunflower oil from Moldova